From:
Dale Snyder <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 6 Mar 2013 22:47:10 -0500
I'd sure like one for our collection.

---- Fabio Moretzsohn <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

=============
That's a great idea! Look for papers by Alan Kohn with great SEM
micrographs of cone radulae to use to produce large models.

If one could get one of the 3D pens being offered at Kickstarter they could
"draw" a radula tooth themselves:
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1351910088/3doodler-the-worlds-first-3d-printing-pen

(this Kickstarter project was hoping to raise (no pun intended) $30,000;
they achieved  it within a few hours, and with 29 days to go, have already
received about $1.7 million in pledges! I would like of those 3D pens).

Fabio M.

On Sat, Feb 23, 2013 at 10:00 AM, Bernd Sahlmann <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> If somebody could make and distribute some big replicas of cone snail
> harpoons, that would be an excellent exhibit for any shell museum as well.
> Bernd Sahlmann
>

> Am 23.02.2013 16:23, schrieb Vicky Wall:
>
>  Hello,
>>
>> Would any of you know where I could purchase a cone snail harpoon? I
>> have the shells and cool YouTube videos of cone snails eating fish but
>> would also love to have the harpoon to show my students. Thanks for any
>> help!
>>
>> Vicky Wall
>>
>> Mayodan, NC
>>

> ------------------------------**------------------------------**----------
> http://listserv.uga.edu/cgi-**bin/wa?SUBED1=conch-l&A=1<http://listserv.uga.edu/cgi-bin/wa?SUBED1=conch-l&A=1>
> click leave the list.

Fabio Moretzsohn, Ph.D.
Assistant Research Scientist
Harte Research Institute for Gulf of Mexico Studies
Texas A&M University-Corpus Christi
6300 Ocean Drive, Unit 5869, Corpus Christi, TX 78412-5869
Phone: (361) 825-3230; Fax: (361) 825-2050
mollusca [at] gmail.com
Managing Editor, *American Malacological Bulletin*
Please consider the environment before printing this email.  Think Green!