From:
Marcus Coltro <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 29 Jan 2015 12:57:50 -0200
The problem always resides on the intermediate specimens that makes everything confusing.... but you probably have already seen my
solution

https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=10204007251572299&l=2737676711749282148

Joke apart, Severns considered nanus a full species on his book Shells of the Hawaiian Islands (WoRMS accepts it too) - we still put
it under Conus sponsalis nanus - to me it looks like a simple color variation, but I am not an expert on Conus.

I have never seen the original description nor the holotypes

Marcus