From:
"Batt, Richard" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 8 Jan 2016 17:10:31 -0500
G. arcuata is very common in Texas (the so-called "Devil's Toenails") and further north, and there are  other species from parts of the Cretaceous there and in the Western Interior.
Since North America and Europe were still connected until much later in the Cretaceous, and the shallow Western Interior Seaway would have been continuous through Texas and across the Mississippi Embayment aulacogen feature, across Florida and up the east US coast onto GreAt Britain and Europe ( still at the time all part of the same continent) it would make sense that species such as this could have had a continuous distribution.  When I was doing amonite work I came across some shallow-water nektobenthic ammonite species found in both Colorado and Europe, and the shallow nektobenthic ammonites did not undergo any post-mortem transport.

Sent from my iPad