From:
Patty Jansen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 17 Dec 1998 22:20:22 +1100
Dear all,

never having met Linnaeus or Tucker Abbott, here's my two bob's worth about
who I think is the best sheller in the world:

Your discussions about who is the best sheller in the world brought to me
fond memories of a lady who lives in a place we left about this time last
year (and at the moment I frankly have no idea why): Mrs Glenda Rowse of
Townsville, Queensland.

In my opinion she is the best sheller I have ever met. Not only does she
have a large, meticulously kept collection, she knows her shells, and
what's more, she is always willing to learn more and accept somebody else's
opinion on identification. For a few years now, she has single-handedly
organised the Townsville Shell Show, put up many out-of town shell-related
visitors at her house, and regularly organises get-togethers when a major
shell collector or dealer is in town. She is always willing to help new
collectors or even trying to interest people in shells. She is open-minded
to people with different opinions to hers. Whenever shells are involved,
she is there. She lives shells, eats shells, breathes shells.

I am sure there are others like her, and each of you will know someone that
fits the description. But let's not forget that these people are what keeps
many clubs ticking.

Glenda, here's to you! I am sure Annette will print this out for you! You
may be embarrassed, but this is just what I think

Patty
WWW: http://www.capricornica.com

Capricornica Publications               on-line natural history bookshop
P.O. Box 345
Lindfield NSW 2070

phone/fax: 02 9415 8098 international: +61 2 9415 8098

E-mail: [log in to unmask]