From:
Barbara Elliott <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Sat, 7 Feb 1998 15:00:47 -0500
I have some sad news to report.  The shell world has lost another
friend.  I have just learned that Vivienne Smith passed away today at
her son's home in New Jersey.  She was diagnosed with cancer last fall
and has been on a steady decline since that time.

Vivienne was a long-time member of COA and served that organization in
several capacities, pitching in many times behind the scenes.  She was
my dear friend and the last time I saw her was in November when she came
to look over my Epitonium collection and help me with some
identification.

Vivienne's sister, Irene Longley, has suggested that any memorial
contributions should be made to the Bailey-Matthews Shell Museum, P. O.
Box 1580, Sanibel Island, FL 33957.