From:
worldwide <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 11 Nov 2016 00:43:47 -0500
Based on the outcome of conventions created for
the AFS names project they ended up out of sync
with the Associated Press Stylebook, the bible of news writers.

For animal names such as the dog, the frog, or
the thrush, the names are lower case.  Specific
animals names are to be Capitalized, e.g. Painted Frog or Ruby-Throated Thrush.

Rich