From:
Charles Sturm <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 7 Dec 1999 09:11:33 -0500
Barbara,
  You experience with this dealer was unfortunate but I believe the
exception to the rule.  I have purchased shells from overseas, I have
purchased shells from dealers in the USA.  I have purchased books from
dealers and booksellers around the world, and I have done a small amount
of trading.  Over the past 10 years I have had only one bad experience.  I
will not mention the dealer but he has received no further business from
me.
  All in all, I have found the people that I have dealt with to be honest
men and women and they have increased my pleasure of malacology and
paleontology greatly.  If you have a question about a dealer ask a few
friends about them.  This can be done off of the group (conch-l) and is a
good way
of finding out who to do business with and who to avoid.

Charlie
Charlie Sturm, Jr
Research Associate - Section of Invertebrate Zoology
                     Carnegie Museum of Natural History, Pittsburgh, PA
Assistant Professor - Family Medicine