Date:
Sat, 21 Mar 1998 00:32:29 -0400
Looks like i hit a nerve!!:  By the way, Emilio Power  was kind enough
to  give me the URL for the beast.  It even gives the ACTUAL NAMES of
the members of the ruling council (ie, if those are indeed their actual
names!)!!

http://www.iczn.org/

Dear Ross;-
    You may be quite right. The ICZN may be an entity in and of
itself. I have never heard even a rumour of anyone being a member of
this amazing organization. (If I was a member, I'd brag!) It may be just
a thing set loose on the world before the computer age, an amorphus
creature shunning the light but focusing light on matters too weighty
for us pitiful humans to completely understand. The ICZN stands with all
the things that are beyond our powers of
understanding: self propelled lawnmowers, computers, kleenex, halogen
bulbs, jello. Just accept it. The ICZN "IS". From its mountain, it sends
down the law. Question it not. Obey.
     Art