From:
David Kirsh <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 20 Dec 1999 20:37:44 -0500
Emilio,
Very sad to hear about the disaster in Venezuela. I visited your beautiful
country in 1989 (during the inauguration of Carlos Andres Perez). We (my
then-fiancée and I) stayed at the Hotel Avila (perhaps it was damaged?) in
Caracas. We also visited the coast at Puerto La Cruz, Cumaná, Tucacas and
Puerto Cabello, Macuto and also went to Mérida. All gorgeous places with
very friendly people to help us when we got lost on the road.

I hope there is a speedy recovery for all the people and that the
reconstruction helps all those who need it.

Thanks for letting us know,
David
Durham, NC