From:
Fred Vervaet <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 30 Dec 1999 11:25:03 +0100
Dear ConchLers,
I am starting to give more attention to collecting of Nassaridae and while doing
this, I came across a species in my colelction for which I can not find any
background. The name of this species is Nassarius eugylptus and comes from
Taiwan. I looked at the site of Guido Poppe with all the current names of
species, but could not find this name among them. The question I have is
therefore what should the correct name be of this species.
Another question, Nassarius nitida, Jeffreys 1865 is regarded as the same
species as Nassarius reticulatus, Linne 1758 in the book European Seashells from
Poppe/Goto. However, when looking at these species, even from the some area, the
look very distinct. Are they still regarded as synoniems?

Thanks for the answers and best wishes

Fred L.J. Vervaet
Amsterdam, the Netherlands