From:
Alan Gettleman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 31 Dec 1999 20:04:25 -0500
Dear Conch-L Friends (currently spanning two centuries):
This is a delightful site.  If you do not know U.S. freshwater molluscs,
please look at this, it will convince you these are great shells.
p.s. Martin: P. capax is indicated as coming from southwest Missouri, it
never has been found there.  Do you mean southeast Missouri?, and the
pictured Proptera leptodon is a shell of P. fragilis.
Peace and great shells to you in the upcoming century.

Alan Gettleman
Merritt Island, FL