From:
Jeff Schodorf <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 6 Jan 2000 13:48:31 -0500
Hello,  I am a new member to this mailing list.  I don't
really know that much about conchs.  The main reason
I joined this list is to learn the answer to the following
question:

While I was in the Bahamas recently I noticed that
the fishermen who were extracting and cleaning the
conchs from their shells were pulling this "thing" out
of the conch and eating it raw.  The thing was cylindrical
with the diameter of a piece of wire, and about 6 inches
long.  It appeared to be relatively clear, perhaps a little
yellowish.  When I asked them what it was they just
smiled and said it was an aphrodisiac... so what is this
"thing?"

Thanks!

--Jeff

Jeff Schodorf