From:
Don Barclay <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 17 Jan 2000 07:00:35 -1100
Hi Ashish,

I'm no olive expert, but your two olives look like black
specimens of Oliva miniacea (I believe the form is
"marrati").  I have one that looks exactly like yours
and it is identified as O. miniacea.  The color on the
columella, aperture coloration, and overall shape are
all quite typical of the O. miniacea that I have collected
in the southwest Pacific, including the ones I collected
last night.

Cheers,

Don