From:
Herb Chapin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 25 Jan 2000 16:33:25 EST
This is one of those coincidences that demands my attention.  I just signed
onto CONCH-L yesterday, and at that same time my daughter and son-in-law and
2 of their children were in Durham, NC (where, needless to say, they still
are and will be for the foreseeable future) looking at houses for their
planned move in early March.  Then, one of the first dozen or so posts I read
is from you, David, in the same lovely semi-tropical part of the world.
Hmmmm.

I'm from Huron, OH, as are my daughter and family.  My wife and I have been
visiting Sanibel, FL for the past 20 years or so, and I've been lucky enough
to meet and get to know Jose Leal at the Shell Museum.  He's been a moving
force behind my increasing interest in the mircomollusks of the immediate
area, and, and a great help in getting me headed down the right path to
organizing my collection.

I look forward to the CONCH-L experience.  Hope to "see" you all on line from
time to time.

Herb Chapin