From:
John Wolff <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 2 Feb 2000 09:36:26 -0500
Dear Henk

Welcome to Conch-L. Thank you for your thorough reply to Linda's
question--even though it destroyed three lots in my collection (pelseneeri
and curtisiana). I hope that we can learn further from your knowledge of
Pectinidae which I find fascinating but utterly confusing.

Starting with Vaught's classification updated with whatever papers I could
get my hands on, I have a list of 43 "valid" genera for Pectinidae, but it
does not contain Mimachlamys. When or where did that come back?

09:05 AM 2/2/2000 +0100, you wrote:
>Dear Linda,
>
>The original spelling is: Pecten cloacatus Reeve, 1853, now placed in
>Mimachlamys: Mimachlamys cloacata (Reeve, 1853) and a senior synonym of the
>following species: Pecten valdecostatus Melvill, 1888, Pecten (Chlamys)
>pelseneeri Dautzenberg & Bavay, 1912 (nom. nov. of Pecten rugosus G.B.
>Sowerby 2nd, 1842, not of Lamarck), and Mimachlamys curtisiana Iredale,
>1939. The present species is living littorally on soft sediments throughout
>the western and southwestern Pacific.
>
>Best wishes,
>
>Henk

>Henk H. Dijkstra (Hon. Res. Ass.)
>c/o Zoological Museum, Dept. Malacology, University of Amsterdam
>PO Box 94766, 1090 GT Amsterdam, The Netherlands
>E-mail: [log in to unmask]
>Private address:
>Gravinneweg 12, 8604 CA Sneek, The Netherlands
>Phone: +31-515-415062; E-mail: [log in to unmask]

John Wolff
2640 Breezewood Dr.
Lancaster, PA 17601, U.S.A.