Date:
Sun, 19 Mar 2000 17:59:37 -0600
James M Cheshire wrote:

> Dear all,
> I need help again. Can anyone give me some info on the
> following dove shells?:
>
> Anachis electona Duclos, 1840
>
> Anachis kirostra Duclos, 1840
>
> Anachis nisitella Duclos, 1840
>
> Anachis strenella Duclos, 1840
>
> Anachis teophania Duclos, 1846
>
> Anachis troglodytes Souverbie In Souverbie & Montrouzier, 1866
>
> Thanks,
> James

James,
All the species of Anachis you listed are listed in Goto and Poppe's 4
volume "Listing of Living Mollusca" . However, for all but A. troglodyes
the authors have no geographic data, indicating me that these names are
not too valid, very probably not even Columbellidae.

As for A. troglodytes you can find info and B&W sketch in Wilson's
"Australian Marine Shells, Vol.2 , p.100. Also see Cernohorsky's "Marine
Shells of the Pacific, Vol.2, p.138. and B&W photo on plate 41, fig.8 .
Please let ME know if you get info on the other species.
Winston Barney