From:
Date:
Tue, 28 Mar 2000 10:14:34 -0700
Oops, my apologies to all.  I read the question about the lace stocking
shaped SHOP, not shell.  It was, after all, very early here and before my
morning coffee.  I thought the question was about a shell shop shaped like a
lace stocking -- okay, okay, I know that makes no sense now, in the light of
day, with plenty of caffeine in my system -- but early this morning it made
perfect sense.  Kind of scary, eh?

I have plenty of information on the venus basket -- glass sponge and I will
respond back with the entire spiel about deep water and the little
imprisoned shrimp and the Japanese custom of giving it as a wedding gift,
etc, etc, etc....

Tom Eichhorst -- now awake and a bit embarrassed in New Mexico, USA