From:
Ashish Gupta <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 11 Apr 2000 08:35:01 +0530
Dear James,

From India,

Turbinella pyrum (Common Indian Chank)
Targetted for manufacture of traditional Indian jewelry like bangles,
bracelets, and also the shell is used for religious ceremonies.

Trochus niloticus and Turbo marmoratus
Targetted for the manufacture of mother-of-pearl buttons (for clothing), and
other jewelry. Also marmoratus is used decoratively as lampshades.

Murex ramosus, Cassis cornuta, Cypraecassis rufa, Cymbiola melo melo - all
as decorative sea shells.

Need any more information, do contact me.

Cheers,
Ashish Gupta (Mr.)
Chennai, India