From:
"James C. Frank" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 11 Apr 2000 14:50:27 -0400
Are there any species that are protected by law?  The CITES index only shows
the Tridacnids.  What resources would be able to tell me about particular
bannings or protection laws on shell species trade in particular
Indo/Pacific nations?  I assume that if CITES only lists the Tridacnids that
anything else is free for the taking and free for import/export.

Thanks again for all the input... You're all a really great resource in and
of yourselves as a group.

-James

                     James C. Frank
                     Marine Science Major - The University of South Carolina
                     Aquarist - Riverbanks Zoo, Columbia, SC
                     http://mudflat.geol.sc.edu/~jcfrank
                     (803)544-2683