From:
NORA BRYAN <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 24 Apr 2000 08:33:47 -0600
For those of you interested in the dynamics of population fluctuations,
natural selection and related topics, I strongly recommend the following
extremely readable "fictional" narratives by Franklin Russell:
Watchers at the Pond
Searchers at the Gulf
Each is a fictional account of the many lives, their births, journeys,
deaths and rebirths involved in a pond or a gulf.  The books are very
readable (I found them to be riveting, like a good crime novel!).
Even though they are fictional, I think they are better at giving one a
sense of what is actually going on out there than many drier technical
articles.  I'm not saying that the books are filled with literal facts,
but they do give one an awesome sense of the natural dynamics going on
around us all the time.
I'm sure any of you have rad these booms will agree with me. (I notice
there are many available on bibliofind.com).

Nora
Calgary, Alberta
Canada