From:
peta bethke <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 2 May 2000 03:53:15 -0300
Lindsey, well once a great river flowed from the northern rockies to the sea of cortez. now it's just a trickle. That's a
great source of nutrients that are no longer supplying the filter feeders , they die off , the predatory snails soon follow.
After a few decades something else will come in to occupy their space and thus the cycle is complete . One day Hoover dam
will fail , the water will return and so will the filter feeders. Now all you have to do is live a few centuries to witness
all this . I plan to be there ,,,ferret