From:
Helmut Nisters <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 13 Jun 2000 07:41:12 -0400
Dear Sam,

Art only said that his mother calls him doctor. He didn't mentioned that she knows less
than him. But maybe she doesn't know, if he is doctor, on which field, or not, or the
simple Art, or whatever. He could be Art or Artificial or doctor or shellcollector or amateur, maybe that is what his mother is mixing up. But he didn't tell us that she knows less.
I would wish me that my mother will get also 99 years, also when she is mixing up
something, it makes nothing for me. Or don't we mix up anything too.
with best shelling greetings of I am mixing up something.
Helsam or Sammut, both names mixed up together.
Sorry for Paul the real Sammut in Malta, but when I mix up Helmut with Sam, that's coming out.

Helmut "Helix" Nisters
Franz-Fischer-Str. 46
A-6020 Innsbruck / Austria / Europe
phone: 0043 / 512 / 57 32 14
e-mail: [log in to unmask]
web:    www.netwing.at/nisters/
           (please visit it and sign guestbook)
always looking for shellgrit from all over the world
for my nearly 89 years aged mother Irmgard
to makes happy and to keep up her health

office:
Natural History Department of the
Tiroler Landesmuseum Ferdinandeum Innsbruck
Feldstrasse 11 a
A-6020 Innsbruck / Austria / Europe
phone: 0043 / 512 / 58 72 86 - 37
web: www.tiroler-landesmuseum.at
        (specimen donations to the
         Tiroler Landesmuseum molluscs collection
         are always appreciated)

I think it would be a good idea to have a "registered collector" status for the serious private collector.  This type of credentialling might help in foreign countries, out of State beaches, customs etc..  COA could be the credentialling body, or even a MNH that could handle checking some established criteria.

Shame on you, ART!  Did you say your 99-year old Mother knows less than you???

Sam Tuttle