From:
helmut nisters <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 14 Apr 1998 07:21:15 PDT
Dear Gary

The label says
leg. J. Leal, 1993
so it's clear that J. Leal has collected the shell.
D. Piferer is the donator. So you have to say not leg for legit
but you can say
ex coll. which means ex collectione = ex collection.
That term ypu can use when a donator gave a shell to anybody
and when he was not the finder.
In the next days I'll try to search more information on this theme
yours Helmut