From:
Betty and Bob Lipe <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Thu, 16 Apr 1998 20:51:38 -0700
ParkAver wrote:

> Conch-lers- Does anyone have a favorite spot to snorkel and collect in the
> Florida keys? I've been there once before, but sure didn't have any luck
> finding any Strombus raninus,  Vasum muricatum, Cymatium femorale, Astraea
> phoebia or codakia orbicularis. I've had a few people tell me these were quite
> common there, but I found none. Any help would greatly be appreciated.
>
> Thanks, Scott
Scott, they are all common except Cym. Femorale, which is very uncommon.
The other ones are easy once you figure out their camouflage.  They
mostly live in grassy area with rocks, in shallow water.  Mostly on the
Atlantic side.

Bob Lipe
Bob & Betty Lipe mailto:[log in to unmask]
The Shell Store: http://theshellstore.com