From:
Art Weil <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 12 Aug 2000 22:23:15 -0400
Dear Russ;- (well, that's what you'd be called here.)
        I think you got it right. 50 C. geographus does seem a bit much. 50 of
anything seems to be a bit much. But, then, how many scallops are consumed or
offered for consumption every day? And oysters---oh my! Shrimp? Crabs? Cattle?
        We, the barely human animal, are, like bears and racoons, an omniverous
creature. Our nature dictates our diets---but also an appreciation of art and
beauty; which tells us to value the shells built by snails. We do that.
        From me, no answers. I'm the Question Man. I like thinkers. You qualify.
            Art