From:
Peter Egerton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 27 Aug 2000 18:48:00 -0700
I just saw on Martha Stewart last night that you can prevent slugs from
getting to your potted plants by tying a copper wire around the pot. She
said the slugs won't cross the wire due to a chemical reaction between
the copper and thier slime. Anyone have an opinion on this?

Peter Egerton,
Vancouver, Canada

At 06:08 PM 8/27/00 -0500, you wrote:
>Art,
>I pour white vinegar in the cracks of my patio to kill the weeds.  It works
>for a good while when it is dry, but once the rains come, the weeds start
>growing again.  When I had pets that spent time on the patio, I worried
>about using poisons, so I started using vinegar.
>
>Shell related - I couldn't tell that affected the slugs that like to eat my
>plants.  Still use beer or salt on them.
>Lucy Clampit
>Houston, TX

Peter Egerton, Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Collector of worldwide Mollusca,
lifetime student of zoology and computers.
Step into my website:
http://www.intergate.bc.ca/personal/seashell/index.html
(includes Seashells of British Columbia, links and my resume)
        -Links to add, remove, alter?  Just ask!
        -This is an on-going project.
        -Suggestions always welcome :-)