From:
Henk and Zvia Mienis <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 28 Aug 2000 11:35:53 +0300
Use of copper bands, sheets and wires as a snail barrier is well known and
duly dealt with in the book by Godan, D., 1983. Pest slugs and snails. 445
pp. An article dealing with this subject has also appeared some ten years
ago in the journal :"Californian Agriculture". A strip of copper around the
stem of a tree, protects it from hungry Theba pisana, Cantareus (formerly
Helix) aspersa or any other snail or slug.
Henk K. Mienis
E-mail: [log in to unmask] & [log in to unmask]