From:
DUVET Michel TDF/CCETT/REN <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 29 Sep 2000 16:52:37 +0200
Bonjour

Thank you for your swift answer.
So I'm sure to have a Placostylus of New Caledonia, but
What is it: bovinus , caledonicus, alexander, scarabeus
                cleryi, fibr&atus, souvillei or ....
all names taken in the marvellous list of Poppe' Orthalicidae
and the compendium of course.
Do anyone know where to find a study on this group of some 60 sp. & Subsp; &
form,
perhaps the shell is not sufficient.

Anyway i put a dozen in a clear bottle, so anyone can see
a collection of human ears, well preserved !!