From:
monsecour brothers <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 7 Nov 2000 08:10:50 +0100
The new Tonna from Somalia is named Tonna rosemaryae and is described by
Vos, 2000. The article is in 'Gloria Maris' ( the periodical of the Belgian
Society of Conchology). If you want I can get you a copy.
The Tonna is described on 3specimens, the holotype is in the Belgian museum
at Brussels. According to me it can be a subspecies of variegata, but there
are some serious differences with the more southern forms. So, maybe Vos is
right by making of it a valid species. The types are between 6 and 9cm. But
I recently bought 2 of this new species that were around 14cm. I know only
about 10specimens of this new species and when dealers get it the prices are
very high.

I'm interested in your work about Tonna's. Can you tell me how I can get an
article?
You can contact me private at [log in to unmask]

Best Regards,

Kevin