From:
Livett Family <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 15 Nov 2000 03:08:25 +1100
Dear Helmut,
Thanks for your prompt reply to my question about Conus nomenclature used by
the European Register of Marine Species (Genus Conus) vs. CLEMAM.

To view other answers to this question see
http://messages.clubs.yahoo.com/clubs/coneshells/bbs?action=l&board=&tid=con
eshells&sid=1600062281&mid=3&start=

My question now is who oversees the nomenclature ? It is confusing when two
apparently professional databases provide different information. So who is
minding the minders ?

I am still hoping I may have an answer to the nomenclature question from
someone who is responsible for authenticating the information posted on
either the European Register or on CLEMAM.  Watch this spot !

Cheers,
Bruce