From:
helmut nisters <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 22 Nov 2000 00:58:26 -0500
Dear Ross,

I can help with European landshells and Mediterranean seashells as far as
possible.
Helmut

Helmut "Helix" Nisters
private:
Franz-Fischer-Str. 46
A-6020 Innsbruck / Austria / Europe
phone: 0043 / 512 / 57 32 14
e-mail: [log in to unmask]
website: www.netwing.at/nisters
office:
Natural History Department of the
Tiroler Landesmuseum Ferdinandeum Innsbruck
Feldstrasse 11a
A-6020 Innsbruck / Austria / Europe
phone: 0043 / 512 / 58 72 86 - 37
e-mail: [log in to unmask]
website: www.tiroler-landesmuseum.at

----------
> Dear Ross
> Sounds like a good idea to me
> Not that I would call myself an expert.
> I am happy to help with landsnails especially Australia-Pacific where
> possible
> Regards
> Geoff
>

> >From: Ross Mayhew <[log in to unmask]>
> >To: [log in to unmask]
> >Subject: List of "willing conchological experts"
> >Date: Tue, 21 Nov 2000 19:50:12 +0000
> >
> >"experts" in various molluscan families and genera (or molluscs from
> >specific
> >regions) are not that difficult to find, but many are quite busy and do
> >have
> >much time for enquiries from non-colleagues.  HOWEVER, there are some who
> >are
> >"ready, willing and able" to answer questions, usually of the
> >identification
> >sort, from the shell-loving population at large.  I was just trying to
> >think who
> >i should ask to help ID a puzzling PI Muricid, when the idea of a list of
> >"willing conchological experts" popped into my little brain - this would
be
> >Truly Useful resource!!  Does anyone else agree??  Would anyone like to
> >volunteer themselves as being willing to help folks with various taxa or
> >regions?  I'd be glad to put up a geocities page to accomodate the list,
if
> >enough responses are recieved.
> >
> >Still in the Great Wet North,
> >Ross Mayhew.