From:
Thomas Clenche <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 5 Jan 2001 21:15:33 -0500
I bought a cheap scanner a while ago, a Primascan colorado 2400p.  One thing
that you have to consider is wether you need a parallel port or USB port
scanner.  Mine is a parallel port model with a port in the scanner for the
printer to plug in to!  This is essential on many older computers without
USB support and with only one parallel port (most win 3.1 and 95 models) Win
98 and newer has USB support!

you can see some of my first shell scans at
http://community.webshots.com/user/tclenche
I also use it to scan in my many crafts!
hope this helps

Thomas Clenche
Low Tide Crafts
Petley, Random Island, Newfoundland