From:
helmut nisters <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 6 Feb 2001 01:01:00 -0500
Hi Ross,

Brotia costula costula (Rafinesque, 1833) belongs to the Fam.
Pleurpceridae.
The name of this shell you can find at Chansy site from Malaysia and
at the site by Martin Kohl also figured
members.aol.com/mkohl2/Pleuroceridae.html
I hope I had not made any error in the website address.
I'll prepare the landshells for you as soon as possible. Duing to winter
(cold and sick) and a lot
of work at the museum with learning some new computer programs and working
on databases
which should be finished very soon I am in delay. Sorriy. Did you set the
promised shells aside
for me. Hoping to hear from you soon as soon as possible.
Helmut
Helmut "Helix" Nisters
private:
Franz-Fischer-Str. 46
A-6020 Innsbruck / Austria / Europe
phone: 0043 / 512 / 57 32 14
e-mail: [log in to unmask]
website: www.netwing.at/nisters
office:
Natural History Department of the
Tiroler Landesmuseum Ferdinandeum Innsbruck
Feldstrasse 11a
A-6020 Innsbruck / Austria / Europe
phone: 0043 / 512 / 58 72 86 - 37
e-mail: [log in to unmask]
website: www.tiroler-landesmuseum.at

I have a request for information about the Malaysian land snail Brotia
costula:
anyone know anything about this beast?

>From the Great White AND Wet north,
Ross.