From:
Henk and Zvia Mienis <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 16 Feb 2001 00:44:42 +0200
Ed,
You are referring to Caulerpa taxifolia. It occurs now almost in the entire
Mediterranean Sea incl. Black Sea.
Wherever it managed to settle it has upset totally the ecology of that
region. Hundreds of reports have been written about it and formed also a
point of discussion on the Conch-L net in 1998. Try a search machine, type
in the scientific name of that seaweed and you receive hundreds of webpages
dealing with it.
Regards,
Henk K. Mienis