From:
Emilio Lopez <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 30 Apr 1998 10:35:05 -0400
Hola:
Common names, the tower of Babel; scientific names, the mini-tower of
Babel, but
we are working on it.
Emilio

(if the human being began to put names to things 100.000 years ago, and
if we think in the number of synonyms we have in only 200 years, it is a
wonder the small number of synonyms that exist in the popular names;
what our ancestors forgot was to put the author's name in them:
I like a lot pt'dm'a twre@pruuu retw', -92.345; -92.345 is the year;
retw' was an homo erectus very brilliant)