From:
Henk and Zvia Mienis <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 29 Mar 2001 15:10:22 +0300
Mactra olorina is a Lessepsian migrant i.e. it has migrated from the Red Sea
to the Mediterranean Sea. It is regularly collected along the Mediterranean
coast of Israel although never in large numbers.
Another Red Sea species has also been recorded from the Eastern
Mediterranean:
Mactra lilacea, however, I doubt whether it has established a viable
population
overthere.
Best regards,
Henk K. Mienis