From:
Jan Haspeslagh <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 8 May 2001 21:44:45 +0200
Hi all,

A question in general to the group: how many of you are mainly
interested in bivalve shells? The reason for my asking is that on any
shell show I visit, in any list I read, and in most of the books I see
in the commercial circuit, almost nothing refers to bivalves (exception
made for Spondylus and Pecten).

I comfort myself with the knowledge that the larger part of mollusc
aquaculture is devoted to bivalve culture (oysters, mussels: yummy!).
Anyway, bivalve lovers: please let's hear a bit more of you on this
forum. Our shells deserve it!

A first topic could be: are most bivalves restricted to littoral area's
or do they also occur in deeper seas??

Thanks for your kind attention...

Jan Haspeslagh
Belgium