From:
Norman Frank <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 2 Jun 2001 22:34:59 -0400
     Hi Paul.....I thought I read that the general evolutionary progression
for these groups was marine to land and then from land to fresh water. If
this is true (and I'm not at all sure it is, but it makes sense), then the
bivalves would have evolved TWICE....once in a marine environment and once
in a freshwater environment. Does that seem likely?....Norman

Norman Frank
Miami FL