From:
Alan Gettleman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 5 Jun 2001 19:05:38 -0400
This is a great work published by : Gail Q. Vidrine Collectables, Route 2 Box
389-J, Eunice, Louisiana  70535, phone: 318-457-4497.  The book really fills
the gap with the Texas mussel book for this area of the U.S.  Along with the
Tennessee book on the North and Clench and Turner's 1956 article on the
non-marine mollusca of the Applichicola area, and Hurd's 1974 Auburn doctoral
dissertation on Alabama shells, it is a real treasure until such time as our
researchers like a Jim Williams or Doug Shelton or others write the definitive
freshwater works on states of Mississippi and Alabama fauna.

Alan Gettleman
Meritt Island, Florida