Date:
Wed, 18 Jul 2001 09:40:44 -0500
We highly recommend the Journey's End resort  north of San Pedro.  Very
nice accommodations, good food, pools,etc.
The cook there let me freeze my catch in the large freezer overnight. The
next day I left them to thaw on my porch and when I returned they were easy
picken's. (Strombus gigas)
The resort will help you hire a guide and boat to take you to the reef. I
believe we went about three miles south of San Pedro, outside the
boundaries of the preserve.
Collected: Strombus gigas (thousands dead on bottom and many alive), Vasum
muricatum, Cypraea zebra, Cyphoma gibbosum, Fasciolaria tulipa, Cittarium
pica, 3 species of Nerites, Pleuroploca gigantea, Astrea tecta, and more.
At resort waterfront, snorkeling under the dock, Strombus gigas and many
large Melogena

Winston Barney
Fort Worth, TX