From:
Don Barclay <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 26 Jul 2001 13:44:22 -0000
Of course.  But the question is, will it affect the population of
clams living below that area.  If they fed on sand flies, and the
sand fly population was drastically reduced in that area, it
would probably starve a lot of them to death.  But they don't,
they are filter feeders, and what's in the water will have a lot
more impact on the health of the population than what's on the
beach.  Vehicles certainly won't have "zero impact," but I believe
the effect will be negligible compared to the large number of
other factors that directly impact those populations.