From:
Alfonso Pina <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 26 Jul 2001 19:46:34 -0400
Sorry, but at first, I could not understand the question. Finally, light
was made: tides are the point. Intertidal zone in Malaga may be about one
inch broad, and I can't figure how to drive in such a space...

But about Donax, I have to say that once they was very abundant and
consumed with delight, but now they have almost disappeared. We still
consume it actively, but now they come from Italy. The reason has nothing
to deal with traffic, but with the six million tourist we host along all
year, wich you can usually find laying on the beaches (not all at the same
time, of course...)

The ecological impact of this oversized population gets ride of Donax, as
well as many other molluscs (and marine life). Not only for people
themselves, but for all that is associated, specially the increase of
residual waters and other contaminants. So here, driving at the beach has
no significant effect.

Best regards,

Alfonso Pina
Malaga