From:
Bill Fenzan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 4 Aug 2001 08:31:49 -0400
Dear Barbara,

This may be more than you want to know.  Philippe Dautzenberg published a
supplement to an earlier paper in the Journal de Conchyliologie (Journ. de
Conchyl.., 76, pp. 47-53) during 1932.  In this paper he described shells
collected in Madagascar by a man named Decary.  One of the shells
Dautzenberg named, Cribraria chinensis variolaria var. convergens, is
probably the name you are researching.  It is a synonym of Cypraea (Erronea)
chinensis variolaria (Lamarck, 1810).  My reference for this information is
"Ph. Dautzenberg's Collection of Cypraeidae" by Schilder and Schilder
published by the Institute Royal des Sciences Naturelles de Belgique in
1952.

Hope this is the info you want.

Warm regards,

Bill Fenzan