From:
Avril Bourquin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 18 Aug 2001 09:29:11 -0600
Good morning Conchlers,

I just received a letter from a gentleman requesting  help on the following
information:

" Last week I found this fossil helmet shell. I call it that for no other
name to regard it by.  It was dug from 25 feet in a canal widening project
50 miles west of Ft. Lauderdale.  I would love to know your opinion as to
its true identity and what epoch it
belongs. The site is typical of plio pliestocene as part of the
Caloosahatchee Formation. I have never seen one of these before. It is
rather large and in percent  condition.  It is 7 inches long by 6 inches
wide."

If anyone can help out, please email me privately ( [log in to unmask] ) and
I will pass on your email address or any other contact form to him.

Thanks in advance for any and all help

All the best,

Avril Bourquin
P.O.Box 366