From:
Art Weil <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 21 Aug 2001 22:57:39 -0400
O.K., It's time to reply on behalf of English teachers. Pronounciation varies
depending on where one lives, one's social status, one's upbringing. In
Charleston S.C. "fish" is pronounced "fush", and shrimp is "schrump" Crabs are
"craps" and "Hello" is "Hey y'all".
    My dictionary would include:
        A-foes=the flying division of the army.
        Faints= what Tom Sawyer painted.
        (and my favorite) Dengo beano==(as in) Dengo beano tess today is they,
Mr. Wioh?
            Your humble Q-man