From:
Carlos Afonso <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 29 Aug 2001 07:31:22 -0700
I would like to thank Bob Dayle, Olivier Caro and Bob
Lipe for there comments and experiences related with
the Cypraea questions I posted on the list last week.
Sharing the data involved with my find, as Bob Dayle
suggested, specimen was found in Laguna System Ria
Formosa, Faro, Algarve, South Portugal, while
snorkelling, depth around 2.5 meters attached under
rock in rocky/algae bottom in and area with strong to
moderate currents, temperature of the water ranged
between 17 and 19 degrees, specimen measured around 45
mm height, egg clutch composed with about 50 eggs with
an orange/yellow coloration, date of find: 21-08-2001.
Would be interesting to here more information about
this specie from other regions of the Atlantic and
Mediterranean. Any one out willing to share some on
the list!!!
Shelling greetings to all,
Carlos Afonso (South Portugal)