From:
Dan Yoshimoto <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 1 Oct 2001 11:19:42 -0700
To All Conch-L'ers
        Daniel Geiger ("Mr. Abalone") has asked me to post this message for
him.  Daniel is the web designer for ABMAP, the Abalone Mapping Project,
the best on the subject.  Please note a change in address.
Dan Yoshimoto

Hi all,

the Abalone Mapping Project (ABMAP) has moved to a new location;
please up-date your bookmarks and links:

http://www.sbnature.org/geiger/ABMAP

The site is now hosted on the server of the Santa Barbara Museum of
Natural History in California, to which I have donate my abalone
reference collection including many of the illustrated specimens in
the Conchological Iconography abalone monograph (Geiger & Poppe,
2000). I continue to keep an eye on abalone systematics, but have
shifted my emphasis on the closely related families Fissurellidae and
Scissurellidae.

I have to work a bit on the submission form for new data, so for the
time being the web-form is out of commission. I will be at the
Australian Museum in Sydney in October and November, so there will be
significant updates of the distribution maps early next year.

Best wishes             Daniel

Daniel L. Geiger, Ph.D.
Research Associate Santa Barbara Museum of Natural History
2559 Puesta del Sol Road
Santa Barbara, CA 93105

http://www.sbnature.org/geiger

Dan & Hiromi Yoshimoto