From:
Kurt Auffenberg <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 15 Oct 2001 08:53:27 -0400
Yes, I've succumbed to the off-topic "humor" and responses thereon....

All I'll say is that Harry is correct about the Manual for land
snails.....Abbott, despite the mistakes is great.....I don't find Parkinson
as useful, but it has merit..Zilch is very useful, but only for the purest
of students as it only works only at the genus level..(great photos and
illustrations of usually the type species of each...including fossil
genera)...

And it is in my family's mother tongue...German, which makes it difficult
for most to deal with.....Paraphrase of Mark Twain statement: I once read a
German novel.  I didn't understand it all until I got to the last page and
found all the verbs.....and no offense is intended to our German list
members....

Kurt

Mr. Kurt Auffenberg
Senior Biological Scientist