From:
Ellen Bulger <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 26 Oct 2001 16:19:52 EDT
Howdy Folks,

For the first time, I'm going collecting in waters where there are cone
species that could conceivably pack a wallop. I've been told that the
seriously dangerous ones have wide apertures, but underwater my ID skills
aren't always stellar. To be on the safe side, I figure I should treat all of
them like contaminated syringes.

Would any of you seasoned Pacific collectors tell me what you use to grab,
then contain, cones when you are out collecting? I've had folks tell me they
just picked up geography cones with their bare hands, but I'm too chicken for
that. Just don't simply tell me to leave them!

Ellen