From:
Everett or Nancy Long <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 28 Oct 2001 07:29:34 -0500
When I picked up cones in the pacific I put them in a plastic milk carton
attached to my belt. I would cut a large cross on the main body of the
carton so I could push the shell in the cartoon but tey could not get back
out. The plastic protected  you if they got upset. Always use thick gloves
and Phil Crandall ( spent years in Oki) always said to pick them up from the
larger end.
Everett Long